REGISTER ONLINE HERE
For decades, women have dominated the real estate industry, excluding the lucrative commercial real estate sector. Today, women in real estate still face obstacles such as pay inequality and a lack of leadership positions across the industry. While we have pushed forward leaps and bounds over the last several years, there is still a long way to go. Join us on August 12th for IMN’s Real Estate Webcast Series: Elevating the Role of Women in Real Estate.
Elevating the Role of Women in Real Estate
- Recruiting - internships with women; proactively going out to college fairs
- Mentorship - intentionally taking on women
- Measuring Impact - asking colleagues if the work context is enhanced if working with more diversity and women
- Promotions - pipeline within firms. Can you promote yourself out of your job with a women replacement?
- Board Positions - Goldman Sacks will not IPO companies without diverse boards; all of us should take note
- Conferences & Networking - proactively embracing opportunities to connect
- Content Creation - writing, speaking and promoting the people and organizations who helped you develop your career
- Maggie Coleman, Senior Managing Director (JLL Capital Markets)
- Meg Epstein, Founder and CEO (CA South)
- Sara Queen, Head of U.S Operations and Asset Management (Mapletree)
- Roberta Sydney, President (Sydney Associates, Inc.)
- Jasmine Nazari, Partner, Chief Operating Officer (Urban Green Investments)