Real Estate CFO & COO Virtual
October 1, 2020
1120 Avenue of the Americas, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10036
IMN's Real Estate CFO & COO Virtual Forum will bring together institutional investors, developers, fund managers, REITs and more on October 1 to discuss the future of real estate investment and operations, strategies to protect portfolios, lessons learned amid the industry’s rapid transformation.
Presenting a new forum fostering candid debate, meaningful professional connections, and the exchange of critical market intelligence, and built upon a best-in-class, user-friendly platform, the virtual conference features a host of capabilities that will ensure you equip yourself with the information and connections signature to our industry-leading live event, including:
IMN is excited to adapt alongside our real estate clients and we hope you will join us for this must attend virtual gathering.
Who Should Attend
- Attendee Networking Attendees and sponsors can meet via video or text chat; one-on-one or in groups; to discuss the latest deals, investment opportunities or whatever else is on your mind.
- Diverse Content Hear from industry leaders through a range of keynote addresses, panel discussions, ‘closed-door meetings’, and roundtables.
- On-Demand Access Can’t make it to the live session? Add it to your personal calendar and enjoy on-demand access whenever the time is right.
- Speaker Engagement Engage directly with the virtual conference speaking faculty during live sessions with Q&A and polling, or take the conversation offline within the networking portal.
- Unlimited Resources Download and save pertinent industry resources throughout the entire platform from panel presentations to exhibitor whitepapers, you will not leave the conference empty-handed!
- Ease of Access Register for the virtual conference and receive access from any device no matter where you are.
- Chief Accounting Officers
- Chief Financial Officers (of REITs, Funds, Lenders and Operating Companies)
- Chief Operations Officers
- Chief Tax Officers
- Service Providers
Searching By Name/Company
To view your agenda you must be signed in
CFO Roundtable: Are You Playing Offense or Defense?
- What steps are real estate owners, lenders and investors taking to navigate market dislocation?
- How are you managing relationships with equity holders?
- What are your top concerns around debt service coverage?
- How are you handling negotiations with lenders? What kind of information are they expecting owners and sponsors to provide?
- What terms are lenders offering? Which loan relief options are available?
- Where are you sourcing rescue capital?
- How are CARES Act provisions, SBA relief and alternative financing options impacting your business strategy?
- How are PPP loans affecting your balance sheet? What risks and liabilities are unique to these loans?
COO Roundtable: Navigating a New Normal
- What recent adjustments have you made to your operating model? Do you plan to change this model in the next several quarters?
- How has the pandemic impacted your hiring strategy? What strategies are you relying on to build and grow strong teams?
- Within your organization, where have you identified opportunities to reduce operating costs?
- What tech solutions do you use for back-office management?
- How are you managing change and growth within your organization? What tools are you using to develop a digital transformation strategy?
- Which changes to your operating model do you think will be temporary, and which are more likely to be permanent?
- What strategies are you employing to protect your portfolio?
Investment Challenges & Opportunities
- In which markets and property sectors do you see softening occurring? How is that impacting the way you are participating in the market?
- In which markets and metropolitan areas do you see the largest changes in the values of investment properties?
- What adjustments are you making to investment strategies in the interest of capital preservation?
- What role are REITs playing in the distressed acquisitions market?
- What impact is the ongoing global pandemic having on your organization?
- What does your technology investment plan look like, and how do you plan on adjusting it to stay competitive?
- What strategies are you using to attract international investment in U.S. real estate?
Emerging Opportunities in Fund Administration
- How is remote working impacting fund administration?
- How is your firm adjusting its balance sheet to reduce overall costs?
- What challenges do you face around scaling, and what solutions are you seeking?
- What techniques are fund administrators using to meet increasingly complex regulatory requirements?
- What’s on your checklist when selecting a fund administration service provider?
Accounting Considerations for Real Estate Owners
- Which key accounting considerations have come to light during the pandemic?
- What are the most important cost segregation considerations for investors?
- How is remote working impacting accounting functions?
- What parts of your accounting process are you automating?
- How has the pandemic impacted your accounting needs and processes?
Reimaging the Valuation Process for Distressed Assets
- What are key considerations when trying to assign value to a distressed asset? How are you assessing the value of assets today?
- What has changed/what will change about the timing and pricing of deals in a distressed environment?
- What are your projections for deal flow over the next 6-12 months?
- Which groups are leading acquisitions and fundraising activity for distressed acquisitions?
- How are you handling due diligence, and what unique challenges are you encountering?
Investing in Technology for Capital Preservation
- How are innovations in technology impacting the commercial real estate values? What risks are they helping to identify and mitigate?
- What are they key components of your technology investment strategy? How are you leveraging technology to manage compliance, hiring and training, and reporting?
- How critical are data management and governance in your firm today? What are the complexities and rewards of investing in technology and partnering with third-party software and technology companies?
- What inefficiencies has the global pandemic highlighted in your property management strategy, and what solutions are you exploring?
Legal Issues, Tax Implications & Untapped Opportunities in Debt Restructuring & Workouts
- What impact do federal income tax considerations have on the structure of a workout?
- Which tax law changes are poised to have the strongest impact on real estate?
- What are the most important tax considerations of investing in opportunity zones? What are the cyclical risks of opportunity zone funds and other long-term investment vehicles?
- How are you adjusting your strategy in anticipation of a phasing out of LIBOR?
- Which types of real estate loans are entering special servicing and receivership, and how might that change over the next 6-12 months? What legal implications are most important for real estate owners, and which opportunities are emerging?
- To what extent have lenders shifted from accommodating borrowers with forbearance, deferment, etc., to enforcing remedies through foreclosure or loan sale?
- How does turnaround and workout activity vary by sector and geography? What do hotel owners need to know when considering a workout?
- What are your predictions for distressed deal flow and default rates in 2021? How is this informing your business strategy?
Fund Management Roundtable: Financing & Acquisitions Overview
- What strategies are real estate fund managers looking to for adding value amid a global pandemic?
- What recent adjustments have you made to your service model? Do you plan to change this model in the next several quarters?
- With acquisition financing scarcely available, how is the role of private equity funds changing? What terms do PE investors require for providing capital for existing assets?
- To what extent are hotel owners and developers using alternative financing sources to close gaps, such as equipment leasing, PACE, ground lease bifurcations, etc.?
- What’s the outlook for private debt fundraising for hotel construction and development projects?
- How are terms changing for preferred equity, senior and mezzanine debt?
- How do PE investors view value-add opportunities by sector, and how has this changed in light of the ongoing global pandemic?
- How are the supply-demand dynamics changing in the markets you’re targeting?
- Where are the next opportunities for financing and acquiring distressed assets?
Combining Technology and Data Analytics to Bolster Deal Flow
- How are you using PropTech and FinTech to close more deals, smarter and faster? What results have you achieved?
- What are the most recent innovations in the PropTech space? Where do you expect to see emerging trends go within the next few years?
- What efficiencies can technology help real estate finance and operations professionals achieve? How could the real estate industry benefit from automation? What’s a feasible payback?
- Due diligence: When onboarding a new investor or vendor, what’s on your due diligence checklist? How do you navigate the Know Your Customer process, and what roles does technology play? How have investors changed their approach to due diligence of fund principals?
Best Practices in Investor Reporting
- What kinds of on-demand reporting capabilities are investors demanding, and how are you using technology in this area?
- What is your staff and cost related to investor reporting?
- What are the latest trends in reporting standards?
- Which compliance pitfalls will the SEC prioritize, and how can you reduce the risk of an enforcement action?
- What do asset owners and fund managers need to know about compliance, and how will this impact your investor reporting functions?
- What reporting challenges are you facing as your firm adjusts its business strategy? What are the unique complexities of private equity investor reporting?
- What degree of transparency are institutional investors looking for as they increasingly seek out value-add and development opportunities, and how do you manage those demands? How frequently do you report to these clients?
- What opportunities exist to improve budgeting and reforecasting? Which systems, processes, teams and best practices do you have in place now, and how do you expect those will change?
To register for this conference you must be signed in
- CFO/COO Registration* - $0
- Service Provider/Vendor Registration - $750
- Conference Venue
Marriott New York Downtown
85 West Street at Albany Street
New York, NY, 10006
Tel: +1(212)901-0506 Fax: +1(212)768-2484
View Full Site
You need to login before accessing this section. Click "Login" from bottom menu.