Residential Property Management & Operations
September 5 - 6, 2019
1120 Avenue of the Americas, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10036
With a new location and same great content updated for 2019, IMN's Residential Property Management & Operations Forum is back to bring you another exciting 1 1/2 day event full of exclusive educational content and industry insights on September 5-6 in Atlanta, GA. Last year's forum brought together 300+ property and asset managers, owners, equity investors, and service providers including 25 sponsors and exhibitors discussing everything you need to know about the latest in residential property management.
From sessions like the Large Property Management Senior Executive Forum, technology trends, M&A to marketing to your perfect tenant as well as small group meetings discussing growth and luncheon roundtables getting local players to network this uniquely crafted event is the perfect opportunity for attendees to learn and network with the key industry participants.
Be sure to check in periodically for regularly updated program information.
We look forward to seeing you on September 5-6 in Atlanta, GA!
To view your agenda you must be signed in
Thursday, September 5th, 2019
The SFR Property Management Industry Overview: What Is Just Over The Horizon?
Mergers, Acquisitions & Evaluating the Financial Health of Property Management Companies
Middle Market “C” Session-Competing With Larger Players & Your Special Sauce When Adding Value To A Client’s Portfolio
Growing Your Property Management Business
Large Firm Property Management Sr. Executive Forum
(Non-moderator slots for owners/property managers only)
• How are the new NARPM property management accounting standards impacting the way you do business
• Using M&A as a strategy to expand What would it take for you to get bought?
• Do you have a minimum in units that you will manage?
• As the owner industry consolidates and gets larger what changes are you doing to keep up?
• Changing renter and owner demands today and how they are different? How are you changing your business to keep up with demands?
• Different strategies in different markets or are you trying to do it the same thing in multiple markets?
• Outsourcing: When do you outsource? When do you keep in-house?
• How do you find in-house employees, quality vendors, maintenance techs, construction workers in this tight market? Any tools to manage them effectively?
• What are your technology must haves that enhance your business? What Property Managers Should Know About Market Performance
Closed Door: 1000+ Doors Owner/Under Management
(small group meeting: owners/property managers only)
For those institutions with 1000+ doors there are many pain points that start to arise that you do not have to worry about if you are a smaller company. Expanding outside your home markets, what kind of key hires are cost effective? What are the challenges and obstacles that come with larger sized communities? What are some of the creative incentive compensation packages for those property managers looking to advance within the organization? Are some of the critical discussion points that we will discuss.
Growing Your Portfolio In Your Own Geographic Area vs. Opening Up New Markets vs. Expanding the Services you Are Providing
Neighborhood Cycles & Data Property Managers Used To Make Market Decisions
Preparing for A Recession
Role of the Founder/Owner as the Company Grows
Thursday, September 5th, 2019
Working With Different Owners-Institutional Investors, Lenders, Family Offices, Banks, The Government & Military Markets
Property Management Shark Tank
Looking for a new property management company? IMN has taken its popular shark tank concept into the management side of the business and you’ll see 2 apartment owners who are looking to outsource the management of their property consider bids on their portfolio. Discussions will focus on such issues as what an owner looks for in a property manager, what a property manager looks for in an owner, management structure, compensation and incentives
Tank Leader: Will moderate the session
Property Management Companies: (will bid for services of the apartment owner)
Apartment Owners: (will put up their apartment/portfolio for bid)
Finding New Portfolios, Fees & Negotiations, On-Going Relationship Management and Keeping Owners After The House/Portfolio Sale
Friday, September 6th, 2019
Maintenance & Rehab Best Practices, Materials, Methods And New Automation Technologies
• Streamlining maintenance inspections and coordination so they aren’t such a time suck
• Managing vacant properties
• Long term asset preservation vs. deferred maintenance
• Low cost, short-term vs. longer-term, higher cost solutions
• Using drones
• HVAC maintenance
• Lease to own vs. rent and the associated costs
• Whose job is it-renter vs. property manager
• Working maintenance into the lease
• Average monthly maintenance for us homes
What Should your Property Management App Possess, New Technology & Home Automation Systems
SFR Property Management Tech Game Changers
Tenant Acquisition: Marketing/Leasing & Social Media
• Building a better app
• Making your website more appealing and user friendly
• A picture say 1000 words… 365 degree cameras, 3-D and 4-D plans: Identifying the ROI on the visual
• If I want growth, where should I put my efforts? Blogging, flyers, realtors, current clients?
Controlling Tenant Turnover & The Tenant Cycle: Move in, Tenant Interaction, Service-Level Strategies & The Move Out
• Fair Housing issues & ADA Compliance
• Payment options
• Damages, clean up and disputes regarding tenants getting their deposit back
• Do you use incentives to keep turnover down?
• A happy tenant is a tenant that stays: Making sure your tenant is happy
• How can you know a tenant might move early on? Can you convince him to stay? Move him to a bigger house? Help in his search to buy a house?
• Kicking off the relationship right
• Turn technology out there
• Profit centers: Helping tenants save on the services that they want to buy from you
• Helping tenants with their credit
Tenant Facing Legal Stuff: Lease Breaks, Collections, Fair Housing & When To Get The Lawyer
Friday, September 6th, 2019
New Tenant Cost vs. Raising Rent-Revenue Management Best Practices
• How much of an increase do you need to make up for turnover cost, advertising, commission and lost rent?
• What would make you not renew a tenant?
• Evaluating your rent vs. the market: Is the do-it-yourselfers adequate?
• Considering the cost side
• How to communicate the increase with the tenant
• Can you keep the rent flat and raise amenity pricing?
Expense Control: Benchmarks, Developing a Reserve Policy, Maintenance & Operating Capital Budget
• Role of automation
• Reserve policy for international clients, taxes, bad rent and maintenance
• Lease break expectations
• What type of rental payments do you accept? Collection: Do you do yourself or employ an agency?
• Escrow for taxes
• Outsourcing from a cost perspective
• Increasing revenue vs. decreasing expenses: Which way causes less brain damage?
Maximizing Financial Performance & Growing My Fee Income With The Biggest ROI? Value-Added & Opportunistic Rehab, Amenities & Ancillary Services
Friday, September 6th, 2019
Finding & Keeping Qualified Labor & Contractors In An Increasingly Competitive Market
• Immigration and government regulation
• What kind of labor-saving technology is out there?
• Hiring effective sales people
• Staffing levels for different property quality and size of properties
• Does location matter?
• A happy employee is a well paid employee? Compensation packages
• When is it time to hire an on-sight manager? Additional clerical worker?
• Training for different apartment types
• Section 8, public, workforce housing etc.
• Finding property managers
• Making sure communication doesn’t break down
Structuring Your Business Outside Your Home Market: Virtual Team Members vs. Outsourcing vs. Remote vs. Self-Management vs. Hybrid Approaches
Which Technologies Are You Updating? Are You Building, Buying or Outsource?
To register for this conference you must be signed in
- Standard Super Early Bird - $1,295
- Standard Early Bird - $1,395
- Standard rate - $1,595
- On-site rate - $1,695
- Conference Venue
W Atlanta - Midtown
188 14th Street NE
Atlanta, GA, 30361
Please use the link above to make a reservation in our group room block, pending availability, until our cutoff date of Wednesday, August 14.
IMPORTANT NOTE: IMN has not retained any third party booking company to assist with reservations. If you are interested in making a reservation at The W you must make your reservation using the link above.
Tel: +1(212)901-0506 Fax: +1(212)768-2484
View Full Site
You need to login before accessing this section. Click "Login" from bottom menu.