Despite a rocky start, 2019 has seen record issuance – How buoyant will this sector remain amid a looming recession? Is this growth in issuance volume sustainable?
This panel will evaluate the current market activity in terms of issuance volumes along with projections for 2020 and beyond. In a dramatically evolving sector we will look at; developments in the regulatory space such as STS, BASEL, ESMA templates (and recent European Comission adoption), CRR and IFRS9; motivations for synthetic versus cash SRTs, and the developing structures that are framing the picture for new entrants, new structures and overall sector sustainability.
20 minutes of this session will be a dedicated Myth vs. Reality section. Using our interactive Q&A tool, Sli.do, delegates can submit their questions to this sector specific panel of experts, in order to debunk industry myths and get down to brass tack realities!
Please note this session is off the record. Should you wish for any official comments please contact the speakers directly.
- Jessica Littlewood, Partner (Clifford Chance)
- James Parsons, Managing Director (PAG)
- Robert Simmons, Senior Associate (Allen & Overy)
- Frank Benhamou, Managing Director, Head of Capital Solutions Structuring (Barclays)
- Syril Pathmanathan, Senior Vice President (The D.E. Shaw Group)