Founder/Sr. Managing Partner
WAY Capital, Inc.
Malcolm has over 25 years of experience as an award-winning capital advisor and developer, having advised and been involved with over $15B worth of total capitalizations, both in the equity and debt markets.
As an award-winning capital advisor and developer, Davies has utilized his expertise to lead developers and investors to structure and capitalize billions of dollars-worth of commercial real estate ventures. He has extensive experience in structuring transactions across the capital stack, including non-recourse senior and stretch-senior debt, mezzanine and preferred equity financings, and Co-GP and LP equity financing solutions for development, value add and stabilized projects.
Malcolm has vast experience in structuring various scenarios within the capital stack including non-recourse senior debt, mezzanine, and preferred & JV equity financings in the construction, value add, and permanent finance marketplace. Malcolm’s expertise as a developer has been instrumental in advising his clients through his real-world experiences in various stages of the real estate cycle, including the Great Recession.
Malcolm is also a Co-Founder of the PEERS Organization, which stands for Philanthropy, Entrepreneurism, Environment, Relationships & Social Endeavors. Through their annual galas, the organization has raised over $1M for charitable organizations such as Challenged Athlete’s Foundation, Just In Time Foster Youth, TKF Foundation and Equinox.
Malcolm is a graduate of the University of Arizona’s Regional Development program. He is happily married with three children.
- GlobeSt.com: 2020 Rainmakers In Debt & Equity Finance
- Real Estate Forum Magazine: 2015 50 Under 40
- Commercial Property Executive: 2015 Stars To Watch
- Real Estate Forum Magazine: 2013 Tomorrow’s Leaders SoCal
- San Diego Daily Transcript: 2010 Top Influentials
- City of San Diego: Malcolm Davies Day, May 16th 2008
- San Diego Metropolitan Magazine: 2007 Top 40 Under 40
- Biz San Diego Magazine: 2007 Top 8 Rising Business Stars
- PEERS Network: Co-Founder
- Active Member of Urban Land Institute: UDMUC Bronze Flight (Urban Development & Mixed Use Council