Partner; Secretary General
Eversheds Sutherland; APSA
Kingsley Ong is Secretary General of APSA and Partner of Eversheds Sutherland (Hong Kong). He is a lawyer specialising in Banking & Finance, Debt Capital Markets, Derivatives, Structured Finance, Securitisation, Restructuring/ Insolvency, and related Arbitration. Professional Qualifications
: Notary Public (Hong Kong), FCIArb (Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators), FHKIArb (Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators), Solicitor (Hong Kong), Barrister and Solicitor-Advocate (England & Wales), Advocate & Solicitor (Singapore).
His published opinions have been cited as legal authority in the US Court (Lehman Brothers Special Finance vs Bank of New York
, 2010), the Hong Kong Standing Committee on Company Law Reform, the Financial Stability Board (FSB), and leading textbooks. In 2016, he acted as an expert witness on Hong Kong insolvency law, before the US Bankruptcy Court, in Re Manley Toys.
Kingsley is the only lawyer in Asia to be ranked by Chambers legal directory in 3 jurisdictions (Hong Kong China, India, South Korea) and 5 practice areas (Banking & Finance, Structured Finance, Securitisation, Derivatives, Restructuring/Insolvency). Legal directories have described him as:
- “Revered for his ability to advise on complex financial structures.” – Chambers (2017)
- “Kingsley Ong is an absolute superstar.” – Chambers (2019)
- “Kingsley Ong is very well known in the Asia Pacific market for his securitisation expertise and is regularly involved in many of the most significant transactions in the region.” – Legal 500 (2018)
- “First port of call for transactions involving complex securities and financial instruments.” – Legal 500 (2013)
- “Top-tier finance capability.” – Legal 500 (2012)
- “Kingsley is a trusted advisor… It’s critical that his insight is embedded in our team.” – IFLR 1000 (2012)
- “Very unique and rare expertise.” – Legal 500 (2012)
- “[Kingsley] Ong’s clients, both longstanding and new, have praised his ability to handle the most sophisticated transactions on the market.” – IFLR 1000 (2013)
Connect with him on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kingsleyong