Mr. Walker is Executive Vice President of Lowe and is responsible for overseeing the Company’s hotel and resort development and value add investment. In addition to providing general strategic direction for Lowe and implementation on key projects, Mr. Walker is responsible for the company’s hospitality business development efforts as well as oversight of its real estate sales and marketing activities. Mr. Walker joined Lowe in 2000 and is a shareholder with the firm.
Mr. Walker currently oversees several hospitality projects for Lowe:
- Ivy Station – 148 room ground-up lifestyle hotel as part of a $300 million mixed-use hotel/office/residential/retail development at existing Culver City Metro Station; under construction
- Town and Country – Redevelopment of an existing 954 room hotel in Mission Valley, San Diego which includes a 680 unit multifamily development; under construction
- Wild Dunes Expansion – 153 room ground-up hotel within resort core of oceanfront resort in Isle of Palms, SC; under construction
- Charleston Waterfront Hotel – 225 room ground-up luxury waterfront hotel in historic Downtown Charleston, SC; breaks ground late 2019
- Gorsuch Haus – 70 room ground-up ski-in/ski-out hotel at foot of Aspen Mountain; in planning
- Ka’anapali – Redevelopment of a portion of 36 hole Ka’anapali Golf Courses into hotel, residential and retail; in planning
Mr. Walker received his Bachelor of Architecture from Cornell University and his MBA from UCLA. He has taught an MBA real estate development course at UCLA and is actively involved in the Urban Land Institute as the past Chair of the Recreation Development Council Blue Flight. Mr. Walker is a resident of Pacific Palisades, California where he lives with his wife and four children.